Who is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist?
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists have expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal (muscle, tendon and joint) conditions. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy employs advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods. Musculoskeletal physiotherapists have been trained in a broader range of treatment techniques and normally hold a Masters of Physiotherapy qualification.
As members of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists Australia (MPA) are world-leaders in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of muscle and joint problems, especially spinal conditions that commonly cause back and neck pain.
How Can Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Help You?
Your Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist can:
- Totally relieve or reduce your pain.
- Provide you with strategies to best manage your injury or condition.
- Help you to recover quicker and hasten your return to your normal activities.
- Improve your flexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, balance and co-ordination.
- Assist you to achieve your functional goals.
- Improve your fitness.
- Help you to prevent future injury recurrences.
- Prescribe exercises for you to do at home, at work or the gym to enhance your recovery.